Life Science Cares Board of Advisor Roles & Responsibilities
Life Science executives committed to the Life Science Cares model of collective impact are invited to join the LSC Board of Advisors. The BOA covers all of LSC’s administration costs so that all of the money we raise from companies and individuals goes directly to our grantmaking. (Note: The Board of Advisors is open to C-level or site head representatives only. We reserve the right to limit participation.)
Being a member of our Board of Advisors means:
• Allowing Life Science Cares to use your name and organization affiliation as a member of our Board of Advisors. This allows us to highlight the breadth of industry participation and the strength of our collective impact.
• Supporting Life Science Cares within your company and within the community. This may take the form of LSC membership, event sponsorship, a connection with your employee base to source volunteers, or all of the above.
• Providing recommendations to the Board of Directors on service organizations & nonprofit partners to be considered for LSC support. Our grants process starts with BOA nominations, and we will only consider partnering with organizations that are recommended by a Board member. [NOTE: LSC Bylaws give grant-making authority to the Board of Directors. There should be no expectation that every organization recommended by our Board of Advisors will receive support.
• Personally supporting your share of the organization's administrative costs. The administrative costs of the organization will be divided evenly between all Board members so that every dollar we raise from companies, other individuals and our events will go to fighting poverty. We work hard to keep them as low as possible, by continuing to add to our Board, and by ensuring the organization is running at maximum efficiency. We will provide bi-annual updates for Advisors on our activity and expenses. Advisors are notified of their expected contribution in November of each year and asked to fulfill their commitment by year’s end.
There is no fiduciary responsibility for membership in our Board of Advisors, no minimum time commitment, and no decision-making authority on where the resources are invested.
If you agree to these terms, please respond to this email in the affirmative.
Then, in order to complete your addition to the Board of Advisors, please share:
1. Bio & headshot
2. Any social media accounts we should include in our announcement of you joining (we’re on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.) Please send any personal AND corporate accounts you’d like us to know about.
3. Contact information (name & email) for anyone you’d like us to copy on LSC-related communications.
We look forward to working with you in this shared mission!